Braised tofu is a classic and famous dish in China.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 14 ounce of silken tofu drained and cut into 3/4” cubes
- 2 green onions minced
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 small slices of ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce optional
- 2 teaspoons potato starch halve if using cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken essence
- 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns black seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 coriander
Put tofu in boiling water for about half a minute. Pour off the water and put the tofu on the plate, set aside.
Prepare green onions, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
Mix the dark soy sauce, chicken essence, salt, oyster sauce, and Sichuan peppercorns with water to make seasoning sauce.
Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add green onion, ginger garlic in the pan. Stir-fry until fragrant.
Put tofu into Pan and continue to stir fry
Add seasoning sauce and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes. Then Mix cornstarch water until fully dissolved and swirl it into the pan. Gently stir a few times, until the sauce starts to thicken. Turn off the fire and transfer to a plate.
Garnished with the coriander.