Kung Pao Tofu
Sichuan Kung Pao Tofu. Excellent vegan recipe.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu drained and cut into 3/4” cubes
- 1 tablespoon peanut
- 1/2 bowl of garlic moss minced
- 5 millet pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame
- 2 teaspoons starch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken essence
Heat pan with oil, and stir-fry sesame until fragrant. And then fry the peanut. Transfer them in a dish.
Add the soy sauce, vinegar, cooking wine, salt, sugar, chicken essence, and starch in a bowl to make seasoning sauce.
Put the tofu in the water for a while and transfer on a plate. Heat pan with oil again, and stir-fry tofu until it becomes golden. Then transfer tofu on a plate.
Heat the seasoning sauce in the pan until it becomes thick.
Then add the tofu, millet pepper, and garlic moss and continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add peanut and stir fry evenly. Finally, Transfer it in a plate and sprinkle some sesame.